Thursday 21 July 2011

Bin Weevils Designs

I heard about www.binweevils.com via a job search on animation base. After reading the job criteria I felt that this job was perfect for me. I have had many years experience drawing cartoons and lifelike portraiture and believe my skills as an artist can adapt to any drawing based job. I have also created my own Interactive programme as apart of a university project. This was an interactive CD ROM that teaches Sign Language to young deaf children using animation. I also have experience in key frame animation and understand the concept of animation well as I studied animation with special effects at Leeds Metropolitan University.

Below are some of my own Bin Weevil designs. Each of these characters could be used to front a new game to add to the string of activities available on the Bin Weevils website.

Pirate Weevil

Wizard Weevil

Cowboy Weevil

Farmer Weevil

Chair designs.

For design purposes I decided to draw some items and objects that keep with the style and the overall look of the Bin Weevils world. I looked through aspects of the Bin Weevils items for research as well as doing some research on other websites. I began designing a number of possible chairs to be drawn within a Bin Weevils ‘nest’.

1. Chair design:
I liked this design the most as I felt it was simple and effective. It still has the fun element as it has a face on the front of the chair. This makes the chair more inviting for children. I feel the design of this chair is very gender neutral given the colour scheme could work well in any Bin Weevils nest.

2.Shoe design:
I drew this based on a design I had seen. I like the fun element of turning an everyday object into a larger object used for a different purpose. This design is more gender specific which is why I chose not to use it for my final application. 


3 Face chair design:
The face design was just an idea from a chair I previously owned as a child. Looking at the chair made me feel happy and the back of the chair (the eyes) were interchangeable to express different moods. I feel happy eyes are appropriate for the design.

4.Modern chair design:
I drew a modern and simple design for this chair and I feel that this could be used in a busy ‘nest’ or a cleaner ‘nest’ and still be effective. The back and the cushion could have a variety of styles and textures to make it more fun and suit different ‘nests’. I decided not to use this in my application because I was unsure how the arched top would affect the avatar’s (weevils) ability to get in and out of the seat.

5. Briefcase design:
The briefcase design came from a design I had seen on the internet. I feel like it is very cool, fun and again plays with the idea of turning everyday objects into tables and chairs etc. It is quite a complex design to view at first and didn’t want it to take any focus away from other items within the room. It was this reason I decided not to use it in flash. The colours could again be changed to suit the individual ‘nest’. Also the size could be changed so it could be lengthened into a couch or remain as a chair. I avoided arms on this chair to make it easier entry for the avatar (weevil).




3 comments:

  1. hey james im Mr-Pure and iMac form binweevils nice to see how u look in real life lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey james im rehaank and your soo cool

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey james im rehaank and your soo cool
    http://www.freemahj.com/free-mahjong/

    ReplyDelete